Name: Zsolt GAZDAG
Birth: November 30, 1972, Szolnok, Hungary
Position: Assistant professor
of Algorithms and their Applications, Faculty of Informatics, Eötvös Loránd
Postal Address: P. O. Box 120, H-1518 Budapest, Hungary
Office Address: Room 2.708,
Pázmány Péter sétány 1/C, H-1117 Budapest, Hungary
Office Phone: +36 1 381-2139/8506
E-mail: gazdagzs [at symbol]
inf [dot] elte [dot] hu
Education, Degrees and Positions:
- Assistant professor, Dept. of Algorithms and their
Applications, Eötvös Loránd University, since 2007;
- PhD degree in mathematics and computer science,
University of Szeged, 2007. Title of the thesis: Shape preserving Tree Transducers;
- Research assistant, Dept. of Foundations of Computer
Science, University of Szeged, 2005-2007;
- Predoctoral fellow of Foundation Teaching and Research
in Informatics, 2003-2005;
- PhD student of Doctoral School in Mathematics and
Computer Science of Faculty of Science of University of Szeged, 2000-2003;
- M.Sc. in mathematics and computer science, University
of Szeged, 2000. Title of thesis: Length and Shape Preserving Rational
- University Education: Mathematics and Computer Science,
Faculty of Science, University of Szeged (up to 1999 József Attila
tree automata and tree transducers; formal languages; P systems
- Logic in computer science, Computability and complexity theory,
Automata and formal languages, Tree automata and tree transducers.
Member in Research Projects:
- Automata, Trees and Logic, 2004-2007, supported by the
Hungarian National Research Foundation (OTKA) under grant T046686.
- Weighted Tree Automata, Hungarian-German Researcher Exchange Programme, 2005-2006, supported by MÖB and
DAAD under grant 36.
- Formal Models for Syntax-Directed Semantics,
Hungarian-German Researcher Exchange Programme, 2002-2003, supported by
MÖB and DAAD under grant 45.
Visiting positions at other universities:
student, Faculty of Computer Science, TU Dresden, Germany, supported by the
postgraduate programme ,,Spezifikation diskreter Prozesse und Prozesssysteme
durch operationelle Modelle und Logiken" under grant GRK 334, sept. 2005 –
- Excellent Talk Award, Conference of PhD Students in
Computer Science, Szeged, 2004.
- Second prize at the local Scientific Conference for
Students in Computer Science, University of Szeged, Hungary, 2000.
- Intermediate level state language exam in English
- Intermediate level state language exam in Russian
language (spoken and written).